Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Edgars Kreilis: “Cherry Absinthe” was born by three creative minds collaborating and building fresh vibes

Photo: Lauris Vīksne
Time to post a new Supernova 2019 interview, here are Edgars' answers:
Name: Edgars Kreilis
Birthday: 29.10.1991
Height: 180cm
Favorite color: Maroon
Favorite food: Avocado salads
Childhood idol: Michael Jordan. When I was younger I loved basketball and back in those days my favorite movie was "Space Jam". Those who know, his jersey number was #23 and that is one of the reasons why my Ice-Hockey jersey has #23 on it.
Childhood memory: '''Tags'
Celebrity crush: Justin Timberlake
Favorite movie: Any movie with Kevin Hart in it.
Favorite TV series: ''Lucifer''
What's your strangest talent? I can make loud melodic clicks with my tongue.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? Actually nothing strange.
What are you really good at? Being always on time.
What are you really bad at? I'm bad at relaxing. Always I'm up with something, even when I'm on Vacation.
What were you afraid of when you were a child? Darkness.
Tell me something no one knows about you: My mother and grandmother are Polish. My father is Latvian and my first grandfather is Ukrainian but my second grandfather is Russian.
What would you do if you were invisible? Act like a ghost.
Who would you cast to play you in a movie about your life? Kevin Hart.
What would the title of that movie be? 'Right Lefty', because my surname Keilis means - Left-handed, but I'm writting with a right hand.
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? I would go to gym and chill in the girls shower room all day. Well, not because of nudity, but because of rumors that they have better water obviously.
Can you recommend us a song (old or new) from a Latvian artist?Instrumenti - Visa par daudz
Can you teach me some interesting words in Latvian? If you want to learn some individual words, here you go: Uzdrīksties sapņot – Dare To Dream!
Photo: Lauris Vīksne
How would you describe yourself as an artist?
As I'm a full-time employee it's only fair to be little bit self-rigorous. Meanwhile I'm a seeker and punctilious person. I guess I have found my vibe as a songwriter, but I'm still looking for the right sound, cause I would love some changes and improvements as well.

You are one of the participants of Supernova 2019. How did it all begin?
It all began in the songwriting camp “RIGaLIVE”. There were many different teams and I was selected together with a producer Arnis Račinskis and musician Jūlijs Melngailis. “Cherry Absinthe” was born by three creative minds collaborating and building fresh vibes. After the first positive feedback's, in the creative process we decided that contest “Supernova 2019” will be a perfect place to introduce this song to a wider audience. 
"Cherry Absinthe" is the title of your song, what's the story behind it?
"Cherry Absinthe" is a song about New Years Eve, where two people fell in love at a great party. In other words, it's about the moment when you forget the absence of the last year and embark on the new one with new goals, wishes and emotions, enjoying the time that we are given.

Describe the song with 4 words:
Confidence, freedom, power and love.

What can we expect to see on stage for the performance?
We have worked and continue to work to prepare an interesting and enjoyable stage performance. I hope this will be the case. To learn more, I invite you to watch Supernova on January 26th and support “Cherry Absinthe”. 
Photo: Ivo Buģis
Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
I have heard all of them and my favorite is Double Faced Eals - Fire.

What do you like about Eurovision?
It's not just a simple song contest. It's a great project which unites countries through music.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
I guess it sometimes involves politics and that's what I don't like about it.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Bed: DORMEO
Fruits: Cherry
Nightmare: Paranormal activity
Puppy: Golden Retriever
Clones: Olsen twins
Stage: Wambley stadium
What are your plans for 2019?
One of my goals is to build an audience by releasing songs in Latvian language. I must say, I still haven't created a viral hit song, but I'm looking forward to do so. If everything will continue successfully I'll release my first EP as well. Meanwhile - I have some upcoming concerts and festivals planned and who knows, maybe I'll seek for some opportunities abroad.
Thanks to Edgars for the interview! All the best in Supernova!

Facebook: EdgarsMusic
Instagram: edgarskreilis
Twitter: Edgars_Kreilis

No comments:

Post a Comment