Thursday, February 11, 2016

Petruska: A singer-songwriter who blends folk music with 60's roots rock

Time for a interview with one of my favorite acts from A Dal 2016. Here are the answers of PETRUSKA:
Name: András Petruska
Birthday: 19th March 1986
Height: 188 cm
Favorite color: green
Favorite food: Italian cuisine
Shoe size: 43 (Central European)
Where are you right now? In front of my laptop
What’s your strangest talent? My toes are quite strong, I can easily grab thing with them
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? 10 different Krtek soft toys (Czechoslovakian cartoon character)
What are you really good at? Practicing and concentration
What are you really bad at? Any ball game
Childhood idol: Johnpaulgeorgeringo
Childhood memory: You can listen to lot of them on the 'A' side of my new album, Kapunyitó.
Celebrity crush: Natalie Portman
Tell me something no one knows about you: I'm good at impersonations, I'm currently working on the judges of 'A Dal 2016' Don't tell 'em!
What would you do if you were invisible? Can I choose time travel instead?
Favorite movie: Back to the Future
Favorite TV series: Friends
What's your favorite part of your body? Hands
What is your guilty pleasure? Nutella
If you were a girl for a day, what would you do? Probably something sexual, try to explore and learn what's the best treat for a female body.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: The 59th Street Bridge Song by Simon & Garfunkel
When did you start singing? At the age of 2.
Can you teach me some interesting words in Hungarian? Üvegmosókefevirág - that's a combination of four different words üveg, mosó, kefe, virág and means bottlebrush flower.
Hello András! How are you?
I feel strange. Part of me feels the exploding success of my song in the show, but another part just feels the same as if nothing had happened.

How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Singer-songwriter who blends folk music with 60's roots rock exclusively with acoustic instruments.
You are one of the participants of A dal 2016. How did it all begin?
It was a 'why not' situation. Though I had little hope in making it to the Top 30, I applied for it because of the challenge. I have pretty much experience in doing festival and club gigs, but never tried such a big TV show.
“Trouble in my mind” is the title of your song, what’s the story behind it?
It came from a nightmare. My friends came to me and each of them said something bad about me. I woke up in the middle of the night and started taking notes about the experience as I always thought that dreams are the message of the subconscious - what you really think of yourself. The next morning I re-read the notes and thought it could be a song. I think it's quite important to face with all the troubles in our personalities, the first steps for a happier life.
Describe the song with 4 words:
Trouble in my mind

How do you feel about the reaction of the people with your song?
They make me very happy and give me strength.
Tell me about the performance, can we expect any change for the next one?
We have just discussed it. There will be visual changes, quite brave ones.

Have you heard any of the other songs in the competition? Any favorite?
Juli Horányi's 'Come Along' is a nice one for me. It's sad it didn't make it to the semi-finals.
What do you like about Eurovision?
The challange, the different situations, working with great stage equipment.

What do you dislike about Eurovision?
It seems to me that the voting is much more based on the relations of the countries than the quality of the songs.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
UFO: Orson Welles
Guitar: Work
Beard: Papa Smurf
Fear: Dark
Sleepwalking: 'Szent Gellért tér'
Clones: Attack of the...
Dreams: Subconscious
What are your plans for 2016?
Do my best at 'A Dal', then release my second album in March. From April on, we'll be on tour until December, festivals, etc. I hope I can keep up with that in a relaxed mood.

Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
That was a funny one, great opportunity to dig deeper in my mind! Thanks.
Thanks to András for the interview! I wish him all the best on A dal! (Dont forget to vote for him on saturday!)

Official website: http://petruskaandras.hu/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/andrispetruska
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andrispetruska/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/andrispetruska

No comments:

Post a Comment